So while I try to come up with new blog content I’m back with another interview. This interview is a bit different from what I’ve done in the past but I think you’ll enjoy it! A bit about the person I’m interviewing…this very special person is my grandmother Nanny and she has so many interesting stories! I think you’ll enjoy this interview a lot! My questions are in bold!
- Would you please tell us a little about yourself? My name is Jean Marie. I’ve been married for over 57 years. I have 4 children, 10 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. Did I mention a great husband...
- You’re a grandma!?(hehe) That’s awesome! What are some of your favorite things to do with your grandkids? Yes, I have sweet grandchildren and sweet great grandchildren. I would love seeing them more often but most of them live far away. When we grandkids come over she often feeds us amazing homemade food and then sits and watches Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons with us kids!
- What’s your favorite season Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring? I love the Spring. I love seeing everything come back fresh and new again.
- What would you say your favorite book is and movie? Why? There were so many that I have read, but one comes to mind is “Unbroken” The movie DVD also was wonderful and things he had to endure. He was an amazing man.
- What’s a favorite song you remember singing when you were younger? The Poor Old Slave. I learned this song from a older cousin.
- If you could choose to own a mouse, a bluebird, or a monkey which would you choose? And what would you do with it? (money is no option) I doubt I would want to own a mouse. A bluebird would be nice but a monkey – no! I thought about a medium dog, they are so much fun. My grandma used to own a dog named Bandit…I guess you could say the dog saved her life in many ways!
- If you could do three unique things with your life…what would they be? It would be fun to learn to be a good ice skater, take a trip to Rome and Bungee jump.(Haha).
- What is your favorite Bible verse? Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”.
- What is a story from your life you’d like to share? I have several stories to tell, but the one I thought was funny is when my sister and I were swimming and I told her my dentures fell out in the water when they were in my hand. I never thought she would go underwater looking for them after getting her hair done but she did and oh boy when I told her the truth, she got mad at me. We made up.
10. What’s something that you would like to share with the readers?! My dad’s words “The faster I go, the slower I get behind”. So, take your time, relax and enjoy life.
And that’s the end of the interview…now I have to tell you something about my grandmother…she is amazing! My Pappy and Nanny went through many troubles growing up and money was always tight. But they both worked together to provide for every one of their 4 kids. My grandmother may look small but she’s built of steel and worked almost 24 hours a day…cleaning, cooking, working, and mothering her kids. I couldn’t be more proud of her!
I’m planning on interviewing all my grandparents! Maybe you should try it!?