My own experiences with severe food allergies were the main motivation. I also wanted to be able to reach out to other teens experiencing the incredible isolation caused by allergies.
Gladly! 🙂 I’m working towards becoming a service dog trainer. In my state, there are virtually no trainers or organizations dedicated to service dogs. There’s a real need for them. It’s not just a growing niche, it’s a mission field. Service dogs can help with disabilities like PTSD, anxiety, chronic illness, seizures, diabetes, and even food allergies. We’re learning more about how dogs’ minds work every day. It’s helping trainers make better decisions and reach more people all the time. I’m so excited to be part of that.
Does hanging out with my youth group count as a hobby? Okay, writing is one, going for walks, and taking pictures/drawing.
We have tons of trails around our house. If you can avoid the bugs in the summertime, the woods are so beautiful to walk in. Plus our dogs really like going on adventures with us, and we have a cat that will literally walk a half a mile with us if she feels like it. 🙂
Oh, I would give some of it away, to local animal shelters and national ministries. But there would be enough left over for a state-of-the-art swimming pool, a Hummer, and . . . a trip to Ireland.
Probably my all-time favorite verse is 2 Corinthians 3:12-18. My favorite part: “Therefore since we have such a hope, we are very bold.” It doesn’t get much more inspiring than that.
I thought about this for a while before answering. I know we all have someone in our family or acquaintances who do not know the Lord. If you do, then Jesus tells us we have a responsibility to share the truth with them – gently, through our actions as much as our words. But I’d like to say this: As difficult as that might be, don’t shirk the responsibility. I lost a family member this year and she wasn’t saved. We who have accepted Christ’s salvation must remember: “. . . since we have such a hope . . .” we should be very bold. Thanks for letting me get that in there!
Easy! A turtle! I’ve always had this fascination with turtles. I should use some of that million dollars in question 7 and open a fresh-water aquarium. Can I get a vote on that??
Are you alive?
Alright fine, that answer should go without being said. The thing is, everyone living has a life, how that life is lived. . . well, that is up to them.
How do YOU want to live your life?
Do you want to keep going in this rut of . . . nothingness? OR do you want your life to have meaning? Want to make a difference in this world?
Do you want to live a life actually worth living?
Hello and welcome back guys! I’m back with another interview…this time with Rosy! I’m having so much fun putting together these interviews…so try not to get to annoyed with so many interviews! Let’s get started my questions are in bold.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Rosy Marr, and I live with my family of 11 in Cuauhtemoc Chihuahua, Mexico. (See if you can pronounce that!!) I am 15 years old, and some of the things I like are photography, reading, writing, cooking, blogging, singing, playing the piano and sewing. And more!
2. How you first got involved in with blogging?
Um… Well, I was 11, almost 12 when I started my blog, Rosy‘s Writings. I started blogging mainly to keep my friends in the US updated on our lives after we moved to Mexico.
My other blog, The Delightful Dueters, belongs to me and my sister Gracie.
3. You and your siblings sing right? Tell us a bit about that and what’s your favorite song you’ve posted…and hope to in the near future?
Yes, we do! 😀 Well, my sister Gracie and I have enjoyed singing together since, like, forever. Or, maybe more like since… we were 6 or 7. And one of the things we loved to do ever since we were little is take videos of our songs. (Hence, we have a bunch of videos of Gracie and me as small children singing short choruses and pretty much just being really cute little kids….XD) Anyway, we recently (well, sort of recently!) created a blog, The Delightful Dueters, where we could post all of our more recent videos (And sometimes a blast from the past!). The goal of the blog is to honor God with music. 🙂
4. What would you say your favorite thing to do outside is?
Hmmm… Maybe take pictures? I love photography! I also love to play outdoor games like capture the flag. 🙂
5. What’s your favorite verse?
Hard question!!! It’s so hard to pick, but one I really love is Isaiah 41:10.
So Do Not Fear, For I Am With You; Do Not Be Dismayed, For I Am Your God. I Will Strengthen You And Help You; I Will Uphold You With My Righteous Right Hand
6. A favorite photo you’ve taken? (if you can…send the photo and I’ll post it along with the answer).
Super hard!!! XD I’m not sure I have one favorite… Okay, I know I don’t, but here’s one.
7. Okay…if you were stranded on an Island and you only had grass, sand, and a coconut how would you build yourself a shelter?
Hmmm… I’m not even sure I could manage to pull that off… Yikes! Maybe I could cut the coconut shell in have and use that for a hat… But that’s still not much of a shelter. I guess I’d just probably die of heat stroke. If it were a hot island that is.
8. If you could do three unique things in your life…what would they be?
Let’s see… Go skydiving… Go to London… And… maybe go to the great wall of China? I don’t know, I haven’t thought about this much, so I just said the first three random things that popped into my mind, lol!
9. What would you say is the hardest part of blogging?
Maybe trying to post on a schedule. I tried doing that for a while, but gave up since we always managed to be busy I the day I was going to post! So, I gave up, and now my readers get to be surprised when I post. 🙂
10. What is one thing you’d like to tell the people reading this?
I’ve eaten Alligator meat before!
Okay, that’s not really what I wanted to say… I guess I’ll just say what’s been on my mind lately. Guys, Jesus has a plan for your life, so we need to live it for Him all the time! Life is short. We don’t know how long we’ll be here, so let’s live our lives for God!
Thanks for joining me guys! Again if you’d like to do an interview let me know in the comments! See you guys soon!
Welcome back, guys! I hope and pray you all are having a great week…I know I am! Let’s just say some unexpected things happened recently! So from the pictures I’ve posted before you’ve noticed, we have an English Shepherd…well I’ve been wanting to get my own dog so I could learn how to train one. So I went online and found this great website that sells dogs! I found this adorable border collie/black lab 11-week old puppy named Winnie and it turns out we were able to get her! So meet Winnie! Isn’t she adorable???!!!
Alright! On to the interview I did with Kassie from Soldier Girl Stories! My questions are in bold!
- Hello Kassie! Welcome to Photos by Abby Rose! Can you tell us about yourself (optional: include a picture).
Hey AbbyRose! Thanks for having me. I’m an 18-year-old Army girl, indie author, homeschool graduate, and a would-be missionary medic—I have a soft spot for Middle Eastern Christians. I have a huge heart for the Army as well, as you can imagine! I’m training my retriever as a therapy dog and love working with animals.
- Can you tell us about your blog?!
Well, I started it back at the end of January and to quote my about page, I write about the Lord, the Army, my pets, and Texas! It’s my outlet for sharing my writing, rambling about things dear to my heart, keeping my friends updated on my WIP, and connecting with like-minded writers. It makes me feel vulnerable whenever I share anything I’ve written, but I enjoy blogging way more than I ever thought I would!
- What made you want to start “Soldier Girl Stories“?
Haha…I didn’t want to until about two days before I did! My mom thought I should have a blog as a platform for my writing; I finally gave in and I’m so glad I did!
- What are 3 of your favorite hobbies?
Reading/writing, working with my dog and going for walks or runs.
- Can you tell us more about one of your hobbies above?
Thunder, my retriever, and I are working on being registered through PetPartners as a therapy dog team. Thunder’s only 18 months old and still pretty puppyish; we took the evaluation once and scored Not Ready, but the evaluator assured me he’s a natural and just needs time to grow. Once we are registered, we’ll be able to visit hospitals, nursing homes, schools, libraries, and even airports to visit people and basically just be a bright spot in their day. Retrievers are extremely perceptive and I’ve learned to listen to Thunder just as much as he’s learned to listen to me. One of my life dreams, when I was younger, was to train a working dog, and I’m really thankful for this opportunity.
- Do you have a favorite Bible Verse?
Luke 10:37—Jesus’ command at the end of the parable of the Good Samaritan to “Go and do thou likewise.” That’s my life verse and what I pray others see through my writing and my medical work.
- If you could do three unique things what would you do?
Barrel race in a rodeo and win; fly in a fighter jet; and fire a Howitzer or some other kind of field artillery weapon. And yes, I knew those off the top of my head!!
- Do you have a favorite book and movie?
War in the Wasteland by Douglas Bond…it’s impossible to pick a favorite book but that’s one of the top ones of all time, so it gets the honor of being my all-time favorite. As for movies, it’s tied almost equally between Return to the Hiding Place, Saints, and Soldiers: Airborne Creed, and Indivisible.
- What is your favorite season (winter, spring, summer, or fall) and could you go into detail about the reason you like it?
Spring!! One word: bluebonnets. Sure, for the rest of the year Texas might be dry and dead, but in the springtime, the Lone Star State explodes in wildflowers and it’s absolutely beautiful. Birds building nests, Easter sunrise services, the smell of cold rain on hot pavement, the temperature being that perfect balance between not too hot and not too cold, flowers blooming on trees before any leaves come out. There are things I love about every season, but if I had to pick one favorite, it’d be spring.
- Last question! If you had to own a turtle, a bat, or a fox which would you pick?
Probably a fox, because I love dogs and I’ve read about foxes being domesticated…and besides, they have the cutest faces! I’ve had both fish and amphibious frogs before and after that I just can’t imagine turtles being that exciting. And when I think of bats I picture the huge three-foot-wide fruit bats we always saw in Japan and I can’t begin to imagine how I would care for one!!
Thanks so much for joining me, Kassie!
Thanks for having me!! I had a ton of fun answering those.
Wasn’t that a fun interview!??!! Let me know in the comments what you think of Winnie! See you on Saturday!
Hello all! And welcome back! Today I’m doing a fun interview with Lydia from Lydia’s Blog but I just have to ask you…is life feeling hectic? Guys, yesterday I thought it was Saturday! I mean come on……Saturday??? Anyways like I said before…if you’d like to do an interview let me know as I’m trying to do interviews more often! My questions are in bold! Let’s get started!
1. Hi Lydia! Welcome to Photos by Abby Rose! Would you tell us a little about yourself? (maybe provide a picture that you use on your blog of yourself)?
2. Can you tell us about the blog you have and what the name of it is?!
3. What would 3 of your hobbies be?
4. For question 4 I asked Lydia to name one of her hobbies and talk about it more!
6. Do you have a favorite hymn or song? What is it and can you provide a link to the song if it isn’t a well-known hymn?
7. I really love that song! Erin Paine plays it VERY well! Do you have a favorite book of the Bible…one that helps you and brings you comfort?
8. What is one of your favorite books and what is your favorite movie?
9. If you could do three unique things in your lifetime what would they be (money is no option)?
I would rather own a giraffe…. but please don’t ask me “why?”! Now I want to ask you why??!!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to interview me. I really enjoyed it! No problem Lydia! I really enjoyed it!
So what about you guys? Feel like getting interviewed? Leave a comment and let me know! I’d love to interview more people here at Photos by Abby Rose!
So while I try to come up with new blog content I’m back with another interview. This interview is a bit different from what I’ve done in the past but I think you’ll enjoy it! A bit about the person I’m interviewing…this very special person is my grandmother Nanny and she has so many interesting stories! I think you’ll enjoy this interview a lot! My questions are in bold!
- Would you please tell us a little about yourself? My name is Jean Marie. I’ve been married for over 57 years. I have 4 children, 10 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. Did I mention a great husband...
- You’re a grandma!?(hehe) That’s awesome! What are some of your favorite things to do with your grandkids? Yes, I have sweet grandchildren and sweet great grandchildren. I would love seeing them more often but most of them live far away. When we grandkids come over she often feeds us amazing homemade food and then sits and watches Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons with us kids!
- What’s your favorite season Summer, Fall, Winter or Spring? I love the Spring. I love seeing everything come back fresh and new again.
- What would you say your favorite book is and movie? Why? There were so many that I have read, but one comes to mind is “Unbroken” The movie DVD also was wonderful and things he had to endure. He was an amazing man.
- What’s a favorite song you remember singing when you were younger? The Poor Old Slave. I learned this song from a older cousin.
- If you could choose to own a mouse, a bluebird, or a monkey which would you choose? And what would you do with it? (money is no option) I doubt I would want to own a mouse. A bluebird would be nice but a monkey – no! I thought about a medium dog, they are so much fun. My grandma used to own a dog named Bandit…I guess you could say the dog saved her life in many ways!
- If you could do three unique things with your life…what would they be? It would be fun to learn to be a good ice skater, take a trip to Rome and Bungee jump.(Haha).
- What is your favorite Bible verse? Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”.
- What is a story from your life you’d like to share? I have several stories to tell, but the one I thought was funny is when my sister and I were swimming and I told her my dentures fell out in the water when they were in my hand. I never thought she would go underwater looking for them after getting her hair done but she did and oh boy when I told her the truth, she got mad at me. We made up.
10. What’s something that you would like to share with the readers?! My dad’s words “The faster I go, the slower I get behind”. So, take your time, relax and enjoy life.
And that’s the end of the interview…now I have to tell you something about my grandmother…she is amazing! My Pappy and Nanny went through many troubles growing up and money was always tight. But they both worked together to provide for every one of their 4 kids. My grandmother may look small but she’s built of steel and worked almost 24 hours a day…cleaning, cooking, working, and mothering her kids. I couldn’t be more proud of her!
I’m planning on interviewing all my grandparents! Maybe you should try it!?